7.11.2017

A Northern Getaway

I just got back from my annual camping trip that my family and I go on every year. We go up into northern Michigan in the Little Traverse Bay Area and camp at one of the state parks. It has been our favorite place to go to and this year we decided to make a pit stop at Mackinac Island known for only it's bike and horse drawn carriage driven roads, fudge, and views. It always feels like we were just camping and I can't believe I am already home (and taking a really nice shower). 
I thought I would do kind of the same thing as I did last year with the photo story because many of these speak for themselves. These first few pictures were on the island and we biked all the way around it--a total of 8.2 miles. We stopped halfway for ice cream and met up with some of my cousins and their cute golden retriever pups. 
We spent Fourth of July up there and enjoyed time at camp with our new Eno Hammock which my whole family loved. We also celebrated my dad's birthday and had a really nice time enjoying our campfires and s'mores. Many people ask me how I even camp for so long and I ask them why they don't! It's honestly one of my favorite things to do and it's truly not that hard to do. I have been camping for about 13 years now and every trip brings more memories every time. 
Even though this trip might have been different than last's without our pup and friends, we still had an amazing time soaking up the sun and going to the beach. We had unbelievable weather and I enjoyed it all. Besides my sunburn, I would say that it was a really nice trip. Have you been camping before?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!